Material of Interest to People on the Left

Portside Snapshot - November 16, 2017

The Death of Christianity in the U.S.

Miguel de la Torre
Baptist News Global
As a young man, I walked down the sawdust aisle at a Southern Baptist church and gave my heart to Jesus. But I can no longer allow my name to be tarnished by that political party masquerading as Christian.

Racism May Have Gotten Us Into This Mess, But Identity Politics Can’t Get Us Out

Briahna Joy Gray
New York Magazine
It’s often argued that centering economics means abandoning racial or other identity groups that have fought hard for well-deserved political leverage. But political messaging is not a zero-sum game. The question is not “identity politics or economic justice,” but how to adopt a complementary union of the two.

Yanis Varoufakis’s Doomed Fight Against Austerity

Emmett Rensin
The New Republic
This volume is an insider's account of Greece's recent struggle to preserve the general welfare of its people in the fact of the belt-tighening demands of the managers of the international financial system. Reviewer Rensin offers an assessment.

Interpret the world and change it.

To unsubscribe from the PORTSIDETEST list, click the following link:
Unsubscribe from Portside Snapshot