PORTSIDE  October 2012, Week 1

PORTSIDE October 2012, Week 1

Vote Counting Company Tied to Romney

Tue, 2 Oct 2012 20:27:25 -0400

Vote Counting Company Tied to Romney

By Gerry Bello & Bob Fitrakis
September 29, 2012
Free Press

http://www.freepress.org/departments/display/19/2012/4725

Several Tanker trucks full of political ink have been spilled
on Mitt Romney's tenure as a vulture capitalist at Bain
Capital. A more important story, however, is the fact that
Bain alumni, now raising big money as Romney bundlers are
also in the electronic voting machine business. This appears
to be a repeat of the the infamous former CEO of Diebold
Wally O'Dell, who raised money for Bush while his company
supplied voting machines and election management software in
the 2004 election.

In all 234 counties of Texas, the entire states of Hawaii and
Oklahoma, half of Washington and Colorado, and certain
counties in swing state Ohio, votes will be cast on eSlate
and ePollbook machines made by Hart Intercivic. Hart
Intercivic machines have famously failed in Tarrant County
(Ft. Worth), adding 10,000 non-existant votes. The EVEREST
study, commissioned by the Ohio secretary of state in 2007,
found serious security flaws with Hart Intercivic products.

Looking beyond the well-documented Google choking laundry
list of apparent fraud, failure and seeming corruption that
is associated with Hart Intercivic, an ongoing Free Press
investigation turned its attention to the key question of who
owns the voting machine companies. The majority of the
directors of Hart come from the private equity firm H.I.G.
Capital. H.I.G. has been heavily invested in Hart Intercivic
since July 2011, just in time for the current presidential
election cycle. But who is H.I.G Capital?

Out of 49 partners and directors, 48 are men, and 47 are
white. Eleven of these men, including H.I.G. Founder Tony
Tamer, were formerly employed at Bain and Company, and two of
those men, John P. Bolduc, Douglas Berman, are Romney
bundlers along with former Bain and H.I.G. manager Brian
Shortsleeve.

Additionally, four of these men were formerly employed at
Booz Allen Hamilton. Booz Allen, now owned by the Bush family
friendly Carlyle group, also made voting machines for the
United States military. Booz Allen was also the key
subcontractor for the controversial PioneerGroundbreaker
program, an NSA data mining operation that gathered
information on American citizens until it was shut down and
replaced with even more invasive successor programs like
MATRIX and Total Information Awareness.

H.I.G. Capital employees have given $338,000 to Mitt Romney's
campaign. That amounts to over $1500 per employee. Bain
Capital, Mitt's former company, by comparison, only gave him
$268,000. H.I.G. is the 11th largest donor to the Romney
Campaign. Clearly they are working really hard for their man.
It appears that they will work even harder on election night.
Although not boisterously promising to deliver states where
their machines are to Romney as Wally O'Dell of Diebold did
for Bush in 2004, they can launder hundreds of thousands of
votes and swing the vote in the crucial swing state Ohio.

Will Mitt's cronies steal our democracy the way they stole
our jobs? Time will tell, but they have certainly positioned
themselves to do so if they choose.

In our first investigative article Who owns Scytl? George
Soros isn't in the voting machines, but the intelligence
community is.

the Free Press revealed that Scytl, a Spanish-based company
now contracted to count 25% of the U.S. presidential vote,
has ties to Booz Allen. Scytl's start up funding comes from
three European Venture Capital Firms, Balderton Capital,
Nauta Capital, and Spinnaker SCR. The director of Nauta's
American operations is Dominic Endicott, who went from
Cluster Consulting to Booz Allen Hamilton (NYSE: BAH) where
he oversaw wireless practice. He then rejoined his former
colleagues from Cluster Consulting at Nauta. In his capacity
as a Nauta partner Endicott also sits on the board of
CarrierIQ.

Scytl has emerged as the most mysterious election counting
company in this presidential election. Scytl claims to have a
Scytl USA division located in Glen Allen, Virginia. The
following is a photo of the Scytl USA national corporate
offices at 6012 Glen Allen Drive. The land deed records show
that the ownership of the property at that address is Hugh
Gallagher, now listed as the managing director of Scytl USA.
The deed, which was prepared in Ohio by a relocation firm in
2002, pre-dates the creation of Scytl USA. A Scytl USA sales
office is located in Baltimore, Maryland, and appears to be a
Rent-an- Office, often referred to as a "virtual" office with
a shared secretary that serves as a mail drop.

The ties of Hart Intercivic to Romney fund-raisers and Bain
alumni should cause concern in the Obama re-election
campaign. So, should the mysterious Spanish owned company,
Scytl, with a U.S operation that seems to be an illusion.