From:
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2012 21:44:35 -0400
Friday Nite Videos -- Sept 21, 2012 (Mitt Unbound)

One day in May, at an opulent private home in Boca Raton,
Florida, Mitt Romney delivered a fluent and passionate more-
than-hour-long performance to a group of his peers and
supporters, who paid $50,000 apiece for the privilege -- and
that's what they are all used to -- of hearing him in person.
Thanks to reporting by David Corn in Mother Jones, the rest of
us now have that same privilege for -- gasp! -- free.

But were it necessary to pay, it would be worth it. Because
here we see Mitt Unbound. Mitt in all his glory. An extended,
expansive look at the elusive creature whom we have been able
to catch only the briefest glimpses of during his six year
pursuit of the presidency of the United States. Mitt is at
ease, confident, 'on.' He's in tune with his audience,
improvising brilliantly. It is a marvel to see him toss off
his instant classic riff on the 47%.

And yet -- in the end even Mitt Unbound reminds us how far we
are from creating a successful artificial intelligence
program. Alan Turing -- father of computing -- proposed that
the test of an artificial intelligence program be whether it
could convince a human being communicating with it through a
teletype that it is human. Mitt fails the Turing Test. He is
one of the best AI programs out there -- maybe in a league
with Watson -- and he can convincingly emulate human speech
and movement for a while. But pose to him any question that
requires a grasp of human empathy or of social realities and
his utter lack of humanity is suddenly on full display. Watch
the videos with the Turing Test in mind. Read the transcript.
Impressive, yes. Human, no. -- video moderator.

"I hope the person who has the video would put out the full
material," Romney told reporters. And we're more than happy to
oblige. This is part one. Published on by MotherJonesVideo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge03Sys8SdA
Sep 18, 2012
36:39

---

Part two. According to the source, the recording device was
inadvertently turned off between these two segments. The
source noticed quickly and began to re-record, resulting in an
estimated a one-to-two minute loss of tape before this clip
begins. Published by MotherJonesVideo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBj0joyCeag
Sep 18, 2012
31:05