From:
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2012 22:22:09 -0400
The 99% Spring Is HERE

It's Time to Reclaim our Democracy - It's Time for a 99%
Spring - April 9 - 15 - 100,000 Strong

http://the99spring.com/about/

	Host your own Spring Action Training event
	Right now, there are 983 gatherings planned	http://moveon.org/event/events/index.html?action_id=268

April 9-15, 2012
100,000 Americans will train for non-violent direct action.

Our country is at a crossroads. We have a choice to make.
Greater wealth for a few or opportunity for many. Tax breaks
for the richest or a fair shot for the rest of us. A
government that can be bought by the highest bidder, or a
democracy that is truly of the people, by the people, and
for the people.

The choice is in our hands. This spring we will act on that
choice.
In the tradition of our forefathers and foremothers and
inspired by today's brave heroes in Occupy Wall Street and
Madison, Wisconsin, we will prepare ourselves for sustained
non-violent direct action.

From April 9-15 we will gather across America, 100,000
strong, in homes, places of worship, campuses and the
streets to join together in the work of reclaiming our
country. We will organize trainings to:

 1. Tell the story of our economy: how we got here, who's
 responsible, what a different future could look like, and
 what we can do about it
 2. Learn the history of non-violent direct action, and
 3. Get into action on our own campaigns to win change.

This spring we rise! We will reshape our country with our
own hands and feet, bodies and hearts. We will take non-
violent action in the spirit of Martin Luther King, Jr. and
Gandhi to forge a new destiny one block, one neighborhood,
one city, one state at a time.
We are the 99%. For the 100%. And this is our moment.

99% Spring Action Training
Will you rise with us and join a 99% Spring action training?

	Go to link below to find nearest Spring Training
	action to where you live or work:	http://www.the99spring.com/route.php?type=participant&code=99O98

The following organizations have called for a 99% Spring:

Jobs With Justice, United Auto Workers,National Peoples
Action, National Domestic Workers Alliance, MoveOn.org, New
Organizing Institute, Movement Strategy Center, The Other
98%, Service Employees International Union, AFL-CIO, Rebuild
the Dream, Color of Change, UNITE-HERE, Greenpeace,
Institute for Policy Studies, PICO National Network, New
Bottom Line, Veterans of the Mississippi Civil Rights
Movement, SNCC Legacy Project, United Steel Workers,
National Education Association, Working Families Party,
Communications Workers of America, United States Student
Association, Rainforest Action Network, American Federation
of Teachers, Leadership Center for the Common Good, UNITY,
National Guestworker Alliance, 350.org, The Ruckus Society,
Citizen Engagement Lab, smartMeme Strategy & Training
Project, Right to the City Alliance, Pushback Network,
Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment,
Progressive Democrats of America, Change to Win, Grassroots
Global Justice Alliance, Campaign for America's Future,
Public Campaign Action Fund, Fuse Washington, Missourians
Organizing for Reform and Empowerment, Citizen Action of New
York, Engage, United Electrical Workers Union, National Day
Laborers Organizing Network, Alliance for a Just Society,
The Partnership for Working Families, United Students
Against Sweatshops, Presente.org, Get Equal, American
Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees, Iowa
Citizens for Community Improvement, Corporate Accountability
International, American Federation of Government Employees,
Training for Change, People Organized for Westside Renewal
(POWER), Student Labor Action Project, Colorado Progressive
Coalition, Green for All, DC Jobs with Justice, Midwest
Academy, The Coffee Party, International Forum on
Globalization, UFCW International Union, Sunflower Community
Action, Illinois People's Action, Lakeview Action Coalition,
Progressive Leadership Alliance of Nevada, International
Brotherhood of the Teamsters, Resource Generation,
Highlander Research and Education Center, TakeAction
Minnesota, Energy Action Coalition, Earthhome.us.