From:
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2011 21:54:20 -0500
Note from the Moderator: The article, 'Don't "No-Fly
Lybia," ran on Portside (on March 7th) without
attribution. The article is by Phyllis Bennis.

==========

Subject: 	Re: Don't "No-Fly" Libya

It is frustrating to watch the current civil war in Libya.
Any no fly zone should either be decided on by the UN. Or
the Arab League should do it. Or if a no-fly zone is too
tricky to do, the airports could be blown up so the war
would not have airplanes. It is truly amazing that this
tyrant has ruled for 42 years, and no one is ready to help
the Libyan people get rid of him.
In a normal regime, the Libyan people should be prosperous
if the oil revenues were used to build their society. It
is a pathetic state of affairs in the 21st century.
L. MacDowell

========

RE: Tidbits, March 8, 2011
Hans van Sponeck is the former Director of the so-called
food for peace program in Iraq, created by the UN for  the
US to sue to cover its crimes against humanity in Iraq.
Von sponeck, like his predecessor, Dennis Halliday,
resigned from the program in protest against its use to
slowly starve the people. I know both men and they are
marvelous.  I even encouraged Halliday, a Republican, to
run against Bush in 2000, and he considered it, but
didn't. I chaired a Congressional briefing with Halliday
and Phillis Bennis as briefers.

Rev. Jack Zylman
1321 16th Place South
Birmingham, AL  35205-6020