From:
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2010 16:49:58 -0400
About Portside - Comments on our 10th Anniversary -
Burt Cohen, Steve Early, Naomi Klein and
Avi Lewis, Immanuel Ness, Bill Quigley

As valuable for news as The New York Times, but there's so
much the old gray lady fails to mention, or chooses to
ignore, for which I depend on Portside. An immensely
valuable perspective on international goings-on which I
would never learn if not for Portside: the stories behind
the headlines, political realities in South America and the
Middle East, intelligent analysis of economic  issues. I
don't know where I'd get such important information if not
for Portside.

Burt Cohen
TheBurtCohenShow.com (Portsmouth, NH)

  ==========

Portside has been an incredibly important information
sharing tool and I personally very much appreciate the way
it enables us (non)ink-stained wretches of the internet age
to reach a broader audience of activists with our scribbling
and get instant, beneficial feedback on what we got right
and wrong.

Steve Early
Author of Embedded With Organized Labor: Journalistic
Reflections on the Class War at Home (Monthly Review Press,
2009)

  ==========

Portside offers a precious service in your info-soaked day:
curation based on shared values. By plucking links and
commentary from a broad range of sources, Portside tells us
not only about the latest corporate abuses but also the
overlooked stories of resistance taking shape around the
world. And we like that it is compiled by a collective, with
the sensibility changing from day to day.  Portside is
better than brain food: it's fuel.

Avi Lewis and Naomi Klein

Avi Lewis
Co-host Al Jazeera's Fault Lines series; Director, The Take

Naomi Klein
Journalist, syndicated columnist and author of The Shock
Doctrine
http://www.naomiklein.org/main

  ==========

The importance of an unbiased news source today is more
pressing than at any time in the last 50 years as the
consolidation of the media has made it nearly impossible to
obtain objective news of the most significant events in the
U.S. and worldwide.  I celebrate Portside's 10th
anniversary, as its importance has grown exponentially.
Portside fills an important breach on the Internet by
providing readers with reliable news stories from throughout
the world on the struggles for justice of workers, people of
color, women, indigenous peoples.   I recommend Portside
most highly and hope that they will continue to reliably
publish stories that mainstream and liberal print and
broadcast sources will not touch.  I read every headline and
almost every story 24/7/365 days a year.

Immanuel Ness
Author, Professor of political science at Brooklyn College,
City University of New York; Editor, Working USA. The
Journal of Labor and Society

  ==========

Portside helps me keep up with social justice issues.
Sometimes I get overwhelmed by emails.  Other times I get
too focused on the areas I am working on at the moment.
Portside helps me deal with both.  Thank you Portside!

Bill Quigley
Legal Director for the Center for Constitutional Rights;
Professor, Loyola New Orleans

  ==========

If you would like to contribute to the work of the
Portside community, we invite you to:

i. Send us material: email [log in to unmask]

ii. Forward Portside to your friends and contacts.

iii. Make a financial contribution:
https://portside.org/donate

(Signed) The moderators of Portside and Portside Labor

interpret the world and to change it.

Submit via email: [log in to unmask]
Submit via the Web: portside.org/submit
Subscribe: portside.org/subscribe