Half of World's Workers `at Immediate Risk of Losing Livelihood Due To Coronavirus'

Portside Snapshot - May 1, 2020

We Are Living in a Failed State

George Packer

The Atlantic
The coronavirus didn't break America. It revealed what was already broken. Trump acquired a federal government crippled by years of right-wing ideological assault and steady defunding. He set about finishing the job, destroying the civil service.

South Africa: Nelson Mandela Ally Denis Goldberg Dies

Al Jazeera
A member of the ANC's military wing, Denis Goldberg was sentenced with Mandela and spent 22 years in a whites-only prison - the only white member of Umkhonto we Sizwe (MK), to be arrested and sentenced for armed resistance to white-minority rule.

Tidbits - Apr.30, 2020 - Reader Comments: May Day Actions, Celebrations; Toll on Healthcare, All Essential Workers; Meat Plants; Back-to-Work and Death; Cuomo Power Grab; Cuban Healthcare Workers; Unequal Burden of Covid-19; Earth Day @50; announcements

Portside
Reader Comments: May Day Actions, Celebrations; Toll on Healthcare and All Essential Workers; Trump and Meat Plants; Back-to-Work and Death; Cuomo Power Grab; Cuban Healthcare Workers; Unequal Burden of Covid-19; Earth Day @50; lots of announcements

May Day statement from industriALL

Valter Sanches

industriALL Global Union
Coronavirus has created a unique May Day: for the first time in 130 years, workers of the world will not take to the streets. Physical distancing, however, doesn’t mean that we are far away from each other: we should stay together in solidarity.

Interpret the world and change it

Privacy Policy

Unsubscribe from Portside Snapshot