Organize a Worker Fightback in the Face of the COVID-19

Portside Snapshot - April 12, 2020

Organize a Worker Fightback in the Face of the COVID-19

Carl Rosen, Andrew Dinkelaker and Gene Elk

Working In These Times
Now is the time for all labor organizations committed to forging a better society for working people to step up and help launch workers into the kinds of fights needed to win that future.

‘Never in my country’: The COVID-19 Pandemic and US exceptionalism

Jeanne Morefield

Responsible Statecraft
Realizing how fast our healthcare system is overwhelmed should trigger demands for deep sustained cuts in an engorged security budget. But the obscene cost of the world’s military hegemon exists on the edge of most Americans’ self-understanding.

Amid the Howl of the Pandemic the Silence of the Climate Watchdogs

Mark Hertsgaard

Columbia Journalism Review
The press focus on COVID-19 has distracted it from its watchdog function on key issues like the climate crisis. US newsrooms must cover the climate crisis, and expand the coronavirus story to include those who are profiteering from the pandemic.

Organize a Worker Fightback in the Face of the COVID-19

Carl Rosen, Andrew Dinkelaker and Gene Elk

Working In These Times
Now is the time for all labor organizations committed to forging a better society for working people to step up and help launch workers into the kinds of fights needed to win that future.

Interpret the world and change it

Privacy Policy

Unsubscribe from Portside Snapshot