Don't Let Trump Off the Hook for the Coronavirus Crisis

Portside Snapshot - March 20, 2020

Don't Let Trump Off the Hook for the Coronavirus Crisis

Alex Shephard

The New Republic
In its rush to praise the president for his response to the pandemic, the press is forgetting how we got into this mess in the first place. It was Trump's choices that put us in the situation we are in now.

Coronavirus and the `Shock Doctrine'

Sam Pizzigati, Sarah Anderson

OtherWords
Powerful interests used the Great Recession to hardwire more inequality into our system. This time, let's do the opposite. The coronavirus crisis also gives us an opportunity to use the public purse to shift our economy towards greater equity...

The U.S. `Six Party System' 4.0: Revising the Hypothesis Again

Carl Davidson

Organizing Upgrade
Setting aside the traditional `two-party system' frame, which obscures far more than it reveals, and making use of a `six-party' model instead. The new hypothesis, I suggested, had far more explanatory power regarding the events unfolding before us.

Class and the Challenge of COVID-19

Joseph A. McCartin

Working-Class Perspectives
It is in our power to decide how to meet this crisis.  We could deepen divisions and set off on the fool’s errand of building “Fortress America.” Or we could use it to build community, forge solidarity, revive internationalism, renovate democracy.

Interpret the world and change it

Privacy Policy

Unsubscribe from Portside Snapshot