The Persistence of School Segregation

Portside Snapshot - August 18, 2019

The Persistence of School Segregation

Alexandria Millet

The Progressive
Sixty-five years after Brown v. Board of Education, school segregation remains a fact of life. As a nation we are moving to undo even the partial progress made since the 1950s.

For True Climate Justice, Abolish ICE and CBP

Josue De Luna Navarro

Inequality.org
A policy that incarcerates immigrants of color, allows white supremacy to secure its safety from climate change. We need to make sure that the Green New Deal, includes our brothers and sisters immigrating from climate crisis.

China’s Tobacco Industry is Taking Lives and Building Schools

Jennifer Fang

The Conversation
The Chinese National Tobacco Corporation is the largest tobacco company in the world, a powerful state-owned enterprise with a monopoly on supplying tobacco to China’s more than 316 million smokers. And now it is also in the education business.

Interpret the world and change it

Privacy Policy

Unsubscribe from Portside Snapshot