What Ilhan Omar Said About AIPAC Was Right; Ilhan Omar Is Not Anti-Semitic. She’s An Anti-Imperialist

Portside Snapshot - February 15, 2019

In Venezuela, White Supremacy Is a Key Driver of the Coup

Greg Palast

Truthout
This is the story of Venezuela in black and white, the story not told in The New York Times or the rest of our establishment media. This year’s so-called popular uprising is, at its heart, a furious backlash of the whiter (and wealthier) Venezuelans

The Greensboro Sit-In Protests, Explained

Eric Ginsburg

Teen Vogue
February 1 marked the 59th anniversary of the start of the Greensboro sit-ins, a protest started in 1960 by four college students against racial segregation in Greensboro, North Carolina. Their actions quickly spurred a nationwide movement.

Neoliberalism Is Killing Our Love Lives

Bhaskar Sunkara

The Guardian
Dependency and power imbalances brought on by capitalist financial insecurity are the enemies of true romance. Are all your relationship woes rooted in economic anxiety? Absolutely not. But by organizing collectively, we can become more empowered ...

Thank You Portside readers

Portside moderators

Portside
We Portside moderators send you our thanks for responding generously to our annual appeal. You are one of nearly 500 readers who contributed $31,800+.

Interpret the world and change it

Privacy Policy

Unsubscribe from Portside Snapshot