Print

To Bring Drug Prices Down, Trump Proposes -- Nothing, Really

Portside Snapshot - May 16, 2018

The Swamp Thickens

Chris Lehmann

The Baffler
What the Michael Cohen story tells us about Trumpian corruption

'America Crossed Every Red Line’: Palestinians in Jerusalem Protest New US Embassy

Yumna Patel, Akram Al-Wa'ra and Saleh Zghari

Mondoweiss
As US President Donald Trump’s daughter Ivanka and son-in-law Jared Kushner celebrated the inauguration with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and major Trump donor Sheldon Adelson, Palestinian protesters outside were met by armed Israeli police forces who heavily suppressed demonstrations.

Don’t Cry, Resist! Movies From a Female Revolution

Manohla Dargis

New York Times
“Before, I was my father’s Janie,” says this determined woman, who with grit and welfare checks is raising her six children alone in an abject corner of Newark. “And then I was Charlie’s Janie,” she says of her abusive husband. “Now I’m Janie’s Janie.”

Interpret the world and change it

To unsubscribe from the PORTSIDE-SNAPSHOT list, click the following link:
Unsubscribe from Portside Snapshot