Approaching the 50th anniversary of MLK’s murder, California poet henry 7 reneau, jr., writes, “There’s a sickness in people”—Malice…Greed…Denial—“in opposition to…common sense.” Not too late to do something about it.

Portside Culture

henry 7. reneau, jr.

Approaching the 50th anniversary of MLK’s murder, California poet henry 7 reneau, jr., writes, “There’s a sickness in people”—Malice…Greed…Denial—“in opposition to…common sense.” Not too late to do something about it.

,

Untitled #1

By henry 7. reneau, jr.

 (Are we not wise enough?)

There’s a sickness in people // Something that makes us /

wound one another / : The corporate headhunter / back-alley bartering Gaia's precious life-blood / from a briefcase blood-soaked in the spiteful gravity of refugee dispossession // & Corporate brand Trump grab as grab can . . . grabbing with both hands // Our malice of greed / in opposition to / common sense // Our denial / eventually / windblown grains of human-crumbling-to-sand / illuminating the desert of a decaying industrial landscape //                           Despite we have the chance to make a difference /

                                    everyday /    until our dying day //

(A comet's disintegrating descent from the sky)

henry 7. reneau, jr. writes words in conflagration to awaken the world ablaze, free verse that breaks a rule every day, illuminated by his affinity for disobedience: a phoenix-flux of red & gold immolation that blazes from his heart, like a chambered bullet exploded through change is gonna come to implement the fire next time. He is the author of the poetry collection, freedomland blues (Transcendent Zero Press) and the e-chapbook, physiography of the fittest (Kind of a Hurricane Press).

Interpret the world and change it

To unsubscribe from the PORTSIDE-CULTURE list, click the following link:
Unsubscribe from Portside Culture