[ Approaching the 50th anniversary of MLK’s murder, California
poet henry 7 reneau, jr., writes, “There’s a sickness in
people”—Malice…Greed…Denial—“in opposition to…common
sense.” Not too late to do something about it. ]
[https://portside.org/]

 PORTSIDE CULTURE

 UNTITLED #1   [https://portside.org/2018-03-30/untitled-1]

 henry 7. reneau, jr.
 March 30, 2018

[https://plus.google.com/share?url=https%3A//portside.org/2018-03-30/untitled-1]
	*
[https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https%3A//portside.org/2018-03-30/untitled-1]
	*
[https://twitter.com/intent/tweet/?url=https%3A//portside.org/2018-03-30/untitled-1&text=Untitled%20%231%20]

 _ Approaching the 50th anniversary of MLK’s murder, California poet
henry 7 reneau, jr., writes, “There’s a sickness in
people”—Malice…Greed…Denial—“in opposition to…common
sense.” Not too late to do something about it. _

 ,

UNTITLED #1

By henry 7. reneau, jr.

 (_Are we not wise enough?_)

There’s a sickness in people // Something that makes us /

wound one another / : The corporate headhunter / back-alley bartering
Gaia's precious life-blood / from a briefcase blood-soaked in the
spiteful gravity of refugee dispossession // & Corporate brand Trump
grab as grab can . . . grabbing with both hands // Our malice of greed
/ in opposition to / common sense // Our denial / eventually /
windblown grains of human-crumbling-to-sand / illuminating the desert
of a decaying industrial landscape
//                           Despite we have
the chance to make a difference /

  everyday /    until our dying day //

(_A comet's disintegrating descent from the sky_)

_henry 7. reneau, jr. writes words in conflagration to awaken the
world ablaze, free verse that breaks a rule every day, illuminated by
his affinity for disobedience: a phoenix-flux of red & gold immolation
that blazes from his heart, like a chambered bullet exploded through
change is gonna come to implement the fire next time. He is the author
of the poetry collection, freedomland blues (Transcendent Zero Press)
and the e-chapbook, physiography of the fittest (Kind of a Hurricane
Press)._