[https://portside.org/]

 PORTSIDE LABOR

 FRONTIER COMMUNICATIONS WORKERS ON STRIKE ALL ACROSS WEST VIRGINIA
[https://portside.org/2018-03-07/frontier-communications-workers-strike-all-across-west-virginia]

 Matt Samples
 March 3, 2018
WVNews

[https://plus.google.com/share?url=https%3A//portside.org/2018-03-07/frontier-communications-workers-strike-all-across-west-virginia]
	*
[https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https%3A//portside.org/2018-03-07/frontier-communications-workers-strike-all-across-west-virginia]
	*
[https://twitter.com/intent/tweet/?url=https%3A//portside.org/2018-03-07/frontier-communications-workers-strike-all-across-west-virginia&text=Frontier%20Communications%20Workers%20on%20Strike%20All%20Across%20West%20Virginia]

 _ Frontier Communications workers throughout West Virginia are on
strike after the Communication Workers of America and Frontier
Communications could not come to an agreement for a new contract with
CWA 142. The previous contract expired on March 3. _

 ,

CHARLESTON — Frontier Communications workers are on strike
throughout West Virginia following 10 months of contract negotiations.

Frontier Communications workers throughout West Virginia are on strike
after the Communication Workers of America and Frontier Communications
could not come to an agreement for a new contract with CWA 142. The
previous contract expired on March 3, and had already seen two
extensions. Frontier said in a press release that the goal was to
reach an agreement that was fair to all.

Workers will be picketing at different locations all throughout the
sate. According to the Communication Worker of America, Frontier will
have picket lines at the 483 Brushy Fork rd in Bridgeport and 428 West
Main Street in Clarksburg.Weston workers will be picketing at 134
Center Ave. There are two picket lines in Fairmont, one at 289
Pricketts Fort Rd., and another at 214 Monroe St. There will be two
locations in Morgantown as well, at 1325 Airport Blvd., and 145
Fayette St., and a number of others spread throughout the state.

"We have been very clear throughout the bargaining process that our
top priority is keeping good jobs in our communities," said Ed Mooney,
Vice President of CWA District 2-13. "Going on strike is never easy.
It's a hardship for our members and the customers who we are proud to
serve. But the job cuts at Frontier have gone too far — we know it
and Frontier's customers know it. It's time for Frontier to start
investing in maintaining and rebuilding its network in West Virginia."

CWA 142 covers about 1,400 employees in West Virginia and in Ashburn,
Virginia. In a press release, Frontier said that they would continue
to provide West Virginia customers with quality customer service.

“We want our customers to know they are our top priority,” said
Greg Stephens, Senior Vice-President, Midwest Region, Frontier
Communications. "Frontier is proud to be one of the top employers in
the state, average annual wages for union employees exceed $64,500,
and more than half of all union employees earn more than $75,000 per
year. Including employee benefits, the Company’s average employee
cost per CWA member is more than $100,000. We would like to continue
to engage in constructive contract negotiations with CWA and resolve
this matter quickly.”

But according to a press release sent out by the CWA, the number of
complaints received has risen  from 639 complaints in 2014 to 1,072
complaints in 2017.

"We're taking a stand," said Johnny Bailey, President of CWA Local
2276 in Bluefield, WV. "Customers are waiting way too long to have
their problems resolved, and too often we're back fixing the same
problems over and over again. Frontier is leaving West Virginia
behind. The network has been neglected and there are just not enough
experienced, well-trained workers left to handle the service
requests."