Material of Interest to People on the Left

Portside Snapshot - March 3, 2018

Friday Nite Videos | March 2, 2018

Portside
Melvin Van Peebles | This Ain't America, Is It? John Oliver | Italian Elections. Civil Rights Leader on Student-Led Movements of 1960s and Today. The Oligarch, the Escort and the Bureaucrat. Pete Seeger | Waist Deep In The Big Muddy.

How New York City Won Divestment from Fossil Fuels

Nancy Romer

Portside
This campaign was years in the making, but Donald Trump's election and the withdrawal from the Paris Climate Accord spurred the local activism that led to this important victory.

The Soul-Crushing Legacy of Billy Graham

Bob Moser

Rolling Stone
"I would torment myself for another 20 years trying to 'reform,' never quite able to shake the voice of Billy Graham promising me eternal damnation"

Hypocrites: Innocents Now Rule!!

Francine Tyler

Inspired by student outrage at the link between politicians and the National Rifle Association, the poet find hope in the no-longer-so-innocent next generation.

Interpret the world and change it

To unsubscribe from the PORTSIDE-SNAPSHOT list, click the following link:
Unsubscribe from Portside Snapshot