Print

Portside Snapshot - August 15, 2017

Renter Week of Action and Political Education!

Homes For All
Homes for All
This September join thousands of renters for bold and powerful actions across the country to stand up for our communities, defend our homes and fight for a world where all people have dignified and affordable homes!

The Leap Manifesto: A World Based on Caring for the Earth and One Another

The Leap
The Leap
The Leap began in 2015 with the launch of The Leap Manifesto: 15 political demands from a coalition of 60 social movement leaders across Canada. It offered an inspiring, big-picture narrative for an energy transition based in principles of justice, human rights, and worker solidarity.

A Murderous History of Korea

Bruce Cumings
London Review of Books
In the West, treatment of North Korea is one-sided and ahistorical. No one even gets the names straight. But if American commentators and politicians are ignorant of Korea’s history, they ought at least to be aware of their own.

The Racist Origins of Right to Work

Michael Pierce
Labor Notes
As alt-right and white supremacist movements grow it is important to revisit history and see the ways in which most hate movements are intertwined.

Is 3D Printing the Next Frontier in Food and Nutrition?

Kristin Sargianis
Cook's Science
3D printing has started to make its way into the culinary world and a handful of chefs are experimenting with printing beautiful, edible designs, but are we ready for this technology? Is 3D printing poised to revolutionize the way we eat?

VIEW ONLINE

SUBSCRIBE
VISIT PORTSIDE.ORG
TWITTER
FACEBOOK

To unsubscribe from the PORTSIDE-SNAPSHOT list, click the following link:
Unsubscribe from Portside Snapshot