Portside Snapshot - August 16, 2017

Youngstown Residents Push to Oust Corporations from Election Campaigns, Cap Contributions at $100

Rural America In These Times
Rural America In These Times
“We have been vastly outspent by industry and their corporate allies. It is clear to us that we are trying to advance rights via the ballot in an election system set up to favor corporations. This time, we’re addressing the election system too.” Lynn Anderson
The initiative states that the people of Youngstown recognize that “corporations use their disproportionate wealth to frame important issues and influence elections.”

Charlottesville Goddam

Michael Winship
Common Dreams
In a time of crisis the president is supposed to bring us together. Donald Trump did not.

Who is Left on Trump's Manufacturing Council?

Julia Glum
Newsweek; Raw Story
Another business leader has dropped out of Donald Trump's manufacturing jobs initiative amid concerns about how the president responded to the violent protests in Charlottesville, Virginia, over the weekend. And Richard Trump!

VIEW ONLINE

SUBSCRIBE
VISIT PORTSIDE.ORG
TWITTER
FACEBOOK

To unsubscribe from the PORTSIDE-SNAPSHOT list, click the following link:
Unsubscribe from Portside Snapshot