March for Climate, Jobs, and Justice - April 29 - Washington, DC

April 13, 2017
By
People's Climate Movement (April 13, 2017)

Everything we have struggled to move forward in the United States is in peril. Our loved ones feel under siege, and those in power in Washington are advancing a dark and dangerous vision of America that we know is untrue. To change everything, we need everyone. First we resist. Then we build. Together, we rise.

	Join In

	Join the Peoples Climate Movement this April 29th in Washington, D.C. and across the country to stand up for our communities and climate.

	Why we’re marching

	On the 100th Day of the Trump Administration, we will be in the streets of Washington D.C. to show the world and our leaders that we will resist attacks on our people, our communities and our planet.

	We will come together from across the United States to strengthen our movement. We will demonstrate our power and resistance at the gates of the White House. We will bring our solutions to the climate crisis and the problems that affect our communities to our leaders in Congress to demand action.

	We invite you to join the Peoples Climate Movement on Saturday, April 29th as we march to:

		Advance solutions to the climate crisis [that are] rooted in racial, social and economic justice and committed to protecting front-line communities and workers.

		Protect our right to clean air, water, land, healthy communities and a world at peace.

		Immediately stop attacks on immigrants, communities of color, indigenous and tribal people and lands and workers.

		Ensure public funds and investments create good paying jobs that provide a family-sustaining wage and benefits and preserve workers’ rights, including the right to unionize.

		Fund investments in our communities, people and environment to transition to a new clean and renewable energy economy that works for all.

		Protect our basic rights to a free press, protest and free speech.

		March with us on April 29th as we come together to resist and march for our families, our communities and our planet.

		There is no denying it: Donald Trump’s election is a threat to the future of our planet, the safety of our communities, and the health of our families.

		This new administration is attacking the hard-won protections of our climate, health, and communities, and the rights of people of color, workers, indigenous people, immigrants, women, LGBTQIA, young people, and more.

		Our fights are tied together, and we will only succeed together. That’s why, from now through the first 100 days and beyond, we are taking action and standing up for everything and everyone we love — and we are calling on everyone to join us on April 29th; for a massive march to bring our demands to the streets of Washington, D.C.

		We’re ready to fight back, and we are ready to build a resistance to Trump and Congress’ attacks on our climate, our communities, and our jobs that stands alongside the unprecedented Women’s Marches and other powerful rallies that shook the globe in the hours and days following the inauguration of Donald Trump and the 115th Congress.

		On April 29th, we will march for our families. We will march for our air, our water, and our land. We will march for clean energy jobs and climate justice. We will march for our communities and the people we love.

		In 2014, we said that it takes everyone to change everything. Now, with everything at stake, everyone has a part to play.

	Getting to the March

	Transportation Details:

		Public Transit

		Charter Buses

		Trains

		Carpools & Rideshares

		Travel Stipends

	If you're looking for a bus to Washington, DC, click here.

	Not able to make it to D.C.? See if there's a sister march near you

	Enter zip code here, to search for sister marches.

		http://peoplesclimate.org/

			The Peoples Climate Movement is a project of over 50 organizations working together to solve the climate crisis and address the growing pollution of our air and water, while also assuring the creation of good jobs in our communities. Beyond the steering committee, this project is supported by over 500 other partner organizations.

			Steering Committee

	    32BJ SEIU

	    350.org

	    1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East

	    Alliance for Climate Education

	    Amalgamated Transit Union

	    The American Federation of Government Employees, Council 238

	    American Federation of Teachers

	    American Postal Workers Union

	    The B Team

	    BlueGreen Alliance

	    Center for Biological Diversity

	    Center for Community Change

	    Center for Popular Democracy

	    Chesapeake Climate Action Network

	    Chispa

	    Climate Justice Alliance

	    Climate Nexus

	    The Climate Reality Project

	    Color of Change

	    Communications Workers of America

	    Earthjustice

	    Emerald Cities

	    EMPOWER

	    Engage Virginia

	    Environmental Justice Leadership Forum on Climate Change

	    Franciscan Action Network

	    Grassroots Global Justice

	    GreenFaith

	    GreenLatinos

	    Green For All

	    Hip Hop Caucus

	    Indigenous Environmental Network

	    Labor Network for Sustainability

	    League of Conservation Voters

	    Maryland Working Families

	    Moms Clean Air Force

	    NAACP

	    Native Organizers Alliance

	    Natural Resources Defense Council

	    NextGen Climate

	    Oceana

	    People’s Action

	    People’s Collective Arts/Colectivo de Arte Popular

	    People’s Climate Movement NY

	    Power Shift Network

	    Public Citizen

	    Service Employees International Union