Print

Portside Digest -

          For America’s Sake, We Need Answers about Russia. Now.

          February 15, 2017

          Donald Trump's embrace of Russia and Vladimir Putin and that country's interference with our election could drag democracy to an early grave.

          https://portside.org/2017-02-15/america%E2%80%99s-sake-we-need-answers-about-russia-now

          The Crisis at Oroville Dam, Explained

          February 15, 2017

          The crisis at Oroville Dam should be a wake-up call to take these warnings seriously, though it’s hardly the first.

          https://portside.org/2017-02-15/crisis-oroville-dam-explained

          After Nationwide ICE Raids, 50,000 People in Milwaukee Rose up to Say the Arrests Were Wrong

          February 15, 2017

          “When there isn't any recourse at the political level, it has been through the general strike that we’ve been able to have our power felt,” she said. The group held its first “Dia Sin Latinos” march in Wisconsin last year, but this year’s attendance was nearly triple at around 50,000, organizers say.

          https://portside.org/2017-02-15/after-nationwide-ice-raids-50000-people-milwaukee-rose-say-arrests-were-wrong

          A Devil We Know

          February 15, 2017

          If we are to look beyond the next four years, we must create a movement that is not simply anti-Trump, but that presents left politics as a compelling alternative. In preparing to fight the anti-labor, anti-immigrant, racist, and misogynist policies of a Trump administration, history can help us understand how activists and radicals in previous eras of social turmoil fought for a better future.

          https://portside.org/2017-02-15/devil-we-know

          Why Doesn’t the Democratic Party Leadership Confront the Real Reasons Why Trump is an Illegitimate President ?

          February 15, 2017

          The real reason Trump is an illegitimate predident is because of a white supremacist Electoral College which weighs white votes more than Black and Jim Crow voter suppression. Democrats use Russia as a smokescreen to attack Russia because they don't want to attack the illegitimacy of the system.

          https://portside.org/2017-02-15/why-doesn%E2%80%99t-democratic-party-leadership-confront-real-reasons-why-trump-illegitimate

          Thousands Of Teachers Protest Over Education Funding

          February 15, 2017

Several thousand public school teachers in Honolulu packed the grounds of the state Capitol on Monday as part of a rally calling on the governor and lawmakers to increase funding for public schools and raise teacher salaries

          https://portside.org/2017-02-15/thousands-teachers-protest-over-education-funding

          Roxane Gay’s Masterpieces of Private Rage

          February 15, 2017

          Rafia Zakaria shows us how Roxane Gay, in this new collection of short stories, explores interconnections between racism, work, love, violence, and sex.

          https://portside.org/2017-02-15/roxane-gay%E2%80%99s-masterpieces-private-rage

VIEW ONLINE: https://portside.org/portsidegeneral
VISIT PORTSIDE.ORG: http://portside.org