Portside Labor

Hillary Clinton
August 17, 2016
eNews Park Forest

Secretary Hillary Clinton says she is "honored to have earned the endorsement of the Working Families Party." She promises to carry out policies that will benefit working families.

NEW YORK–(ENEWSPF)–August 16, 2016.  Today, after receiving the endorsement of the Working Families Party, Hillary Clinton issued the following statement:

“I am honored to have earned the endorsement of the Working Families Party.

“Working families are the engine behind our economy, the heart of our democracy, and the core of what makes America great.  But today, it’s too hard for working people to get ahead and stay ahead.

“That’s why the Working Families Party is so important.  For almost two decades, they have fought to make our economy fairer and our country stronger. They’ve fought to raise the minimum wage in states and cities across the country; combat climate change and create new, good-paying jobs in clean energy and energy efficiency; and train and elect trailblazing progressive leaders.

“As President, I’ll stand with working families like I have my entire career.  We’ll build an economy that works for everyone, not just those at the top, and finally make the minimum wage a living wage.  We’ll overturn Citizens United and protect every American’s right to vote, not every corporation’s right to buy elections. We’ll end the era of mass incarceration and replace the school-to-prison pipeline with a cradle-to-college and career pipeline.  We’ll make sure every American can afford a college education and tackle our country’s student debt crisis.  And we’ll finally enact policies that support how families actually live and work today—with paid family leave, affordable childcare, and equal pay for women.

“Together, we’ll fight every day for working families—because we know when families are strong, America is strong.”

VIEW ONLINE
PRINT
SUBSCRIBE
VISIT PORTSIDE.ORG