DC 37 Is With Hillary Clinton

March 30, 2016
By The Bronx Chronicle
The Bronx Chronicle (March 30, 2016)

DC37 Executive Director Henry Garrido announced that his union has endorsed Secretary Hillary Clinton. DC37 is the largest municipal union in New York City with 121,000 members and 55,000 retirees and is affiliated with American Federation of State, County and Municipal Emlpyees which has already endorsed her.

DC 37 PLEDGES SUPPORT FOR HILLARY CLINTON
Union endorsement puts an army of activists behind Clinton for NY Primary
With the New York State Democratic presidential primary election weeks away, District Council 37 vowed yesterday to mobilize its army of activists on behalf of former Secretary of State/NY Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton.
The union’s delegates voted overwhelmingly to endorse her candidacy during their monthly meeting at union headquarters.
“We are proud to endorse Secretary Clinton as the next president of our great nation,” said DC 37 Executive Director Henry Garrido. “We supported her first run for office back in 2000, when she was elected to the U.S. Senate. We know her serious commitment to public service and her history of fighting for others, especially children and working families. She can count on this union to work diligently to get out the vote for the April 19 Primary in New York.”
In a show of solidarity, former President Bill Clinton will join union leaders and activists at a rally in support of her candidacy at union headquarters tomorrow, March 31.
DC 37 is New York City’s largest public employee union, with 121,000 members and 50,000 retirees.
DC 37’s national union, the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees – which represents 1.6 million public service workers across the country – has endorsed Clinton.

VIEW ONLINE: https://portside.org/2016-03-30/dc-37-hillary-clinton
VISIT PORTSIDE.ORG: http://portside.org