Portside Digest -

          A Real ‘Political Revolution’ Would End the Wars

          February 13, 2016

          The good news is Bernie Sanders sent promising signals about his judgment when he opposed the invasion of Iraq; the bad news is his statements on the latest iteration of the conflict have shown none of the acumen that distinguished him over 13 years ago. Without a plan to resolve the ISIS war responsibly, the U.S. war in Iraq could reverberate through yet another generation. If Sanders were elected, that would add a grim asterisk to his “political revolution” indeed.

          https://portside.org/2016-02-13/real-%E2%80%98political-revolution%E2%80%99-would-end-wars

          DNC Rolls Back Restrictions on Lobbyists

          February 13, 2016

          With the DNC now accepting all lobbyist and PAC donations, it has reversed the policies that were adopted in 2008, when Obama vowed to curb the influence of special interests in Washington.

          https://portside.org/2016-02-13/dnc-rolls-back-restrictions-lobbyists

          Are You Ingesting Estrogen Without Realizing It From These Everyday Products?

          February 13, 2016

          But a lot of the estrogen we are exposed to is under the radar. Endocrine disrupters (chemicals that mimic estrogen) are found in plastics like BPA, petroleum-based products, agricultural pesticides, herbicides and fungicides, detergents and cosmetics and even everyday items like furniture, carpeting and thermal receipts.

          https://portside.org/2016-02-13/are-you-ingesting-estrogen-without-realizing-it-these-everyday-products

          Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia Dies at 79

          February 13, 2016

          Indicating the fierce battles to come, Patrick Leahy of Vermont, the ranking Democrat on the Senate judicial committee, issued a sharply worded statement in response to Republican remarks.
Saying he was saddened by the death of Scalia “although I often did not agree with his legal opinions”, Leahy continued: “I hope that no one will use this sad news to suggest that the President or the Senate should not perform its constitutional duty.

          https://portside.org/2016-02-13/supreme-court-justice-antonin-scalia-dies-79

          Henry Kissinger's War Crimes Are Central to the Divide Between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders

          February 13, 2016

          SANDERS: Where the secretary and I have a very profound difference, in the last debate -- and I believe in her book -- very good book, by the way -- in her book and in this last debate, she talked about getting the approval or the support or the mentoring of Henry Kissinger. Now, I find it rather amazing, because I happen to believe that Henry Kissinger was one of the most destructive secretaries of state in the modern history of this country.

          https://portside.org/2016-02-13/henry-kissingers-war-crimes-are-central-divide-between-hillary-clinton-and-bernie-sanders

          Seven Steps to Opening Up Bargaining

          February 13, 2016

          Rather than a problem, we wanted to start with a vision. We asked members three questions:
    What brings you joy in the work you do with students?
    What sucks the life and joy out of working with students?
    What can we propose through bargaining that could increase the joy and reduce the stress in your work?

          https://portside.org/2016-02-13/seven-steps-opening-bargaining

VIEW ONLINE: https://portside.org/portsidegeneral
VISIT PORTSIDE.ORG: http://portside.org