Portside Digest -

          Friday Nite Videos -- February 5, 2016

          February 5, 2016

          Jesus Reads Quotes From Republican Candidates. Six Responses to Bernie Sanders Skeptics. Movie 'Requiem For The American Dream.' New York Times Parody Edition. President Obama Speaks at the Islamic Society of Baltimore.

          https://portside.org/2016-02-06/friday-nite-videos-february-5-2016

          What Do Our Wealthiest Deserve?

          February 5, 2016

          Our world’s billionaires don’t merit either their billions, the economist Didier Jacobs suggests, or the right to claim we’re all living in a ‘meritocracy.’

          https://portside.org/2016-02-06/what-do-our-wealthiest-deserve

          Ben Jealous, Danny Glover Back Bernie Sanders

          February 5, 2016

          With relatively little media coverage, some prominent Black leaders have recently endorsed Bernie Sanders' presidential campaign, with a former head of the NAACP saying “Bernie Sanders has been a principled, courageous, and consistent fighter against the evils that Dr. King referred as the 'giant triplets of racism, militarism, and greed.’” Are these actions a sign that the presumed 'firewall' of support for Hillary Clinton in the Black community is eroding?

          https://portside.org/2016-02-05/ben-jealous-danny-glover-back-bernie-sanders

          Steps Toward a Third Reconstruction

          February 5, 2016

          Reverend Dr. William J. Barber has been leading the grassroots, progressive movement in North Carolina. Here are his principles for successful organizing.

          https://portside.org/2016-02-05/steps-toward-third-reconstruction

          Evangelicals Who Hate Donald Trump

          February 5, 2016

          "He does not have the conservative track record, and I don't trust him," says one Southern Baptist

          https://portside.org/2016-02-05/evangelicals-who-hate-donald-trump

          The Calving Age

          February 5, 2016

          Climate change; glacial melting: Northern California poet Kirk Glaser depicts what's already happening, forecasts where we're all heading.

          https://portside.org/2016-02-05/calving-age

VIEW ONLINE: https://portside.org/portsidegeneral
VISIT PORTSIDE.ORG: http://portside.org