Portside Digest -

          Thinking Dialectically: What Grace Lee Boggs Taught Me

          October 21, 2015

          Robin D.G. Kelley's searching tribute to Grace Lee Boggs: She never gave up on our capacity to think and act and think more deeply. She relentlessly and lovingly pushed us with the force and precision of the expert dialectician we all knew her to be.

          https://portside.org/2015-10-21/thinking-dialectically-what-grace-lee-boggs-taught-me

          Homan Square Revealed: How Chicago Police Disappeared 7000 People

          October 20, 2015

          Guardian lawsuit exposes fullest scale yet of detentions at off-the-books interrogation warehouse.

          https://portside.org/2015-10-21/homan-square-revealed-how-chicago-police-disappeared-7000-people

          "When I See Them I See Us": Powerful Gesture of Black-Palestinian Solidarity

          October 21, 2015

          A short video, titled “When I See Them I See Us,” was released by a range of African-American and Palestine-solidarity groups. The video, which includes Lauryn Hill, Angela Davis, Cornel West, Alice Walker, Danny Glover and dozens of other academics, activists and artists, juxtaposes high profile killings of unarmed African-Americans by police with Palestinians killed by Israeli forces and settlers.

          https://portside.org/2015-10-21/when-i-see-them-i-see-us-powerful-gesture-black-palestinian-solidarity

          The Council of Canadians is prepared to push the new Liberal government on key campaign areas

          October 21, 2015

          We should rightly celebrate the defeat of Stephen Harper and a significantly increased voter turnout, but we will have to campaign even harder now to ensure that the 70 per cent of Canadians who said "it was the time for change" in Ottawa this election, get the change they deserve.

          https://portside.org/2015-10-21/council-canadians-prepared-push-new-liberal-government-key-campaign-areas

           Slow Burn: Bernie Sanders Ignites a Populist Movement

          October 21, 2015

          Rick Perlstein noticed Republicans showing up at Bernie Sanders events. He set out to find out just how many of them there are. They don’t know they are not supposed to like Bernie Sanders. They hear what he is saying, and like what they hear. Something is happening here that reminds us that our models for predicting winners and losers in politics always need to be subject to revision.

          https://portside.org/2015-10-21/slow-burn-bernie-sanders-ignites-populist-movement

          Three Years Ago, These Chicago Workers Took Over a Window Factory. Today, They're Thriving

          October 21, 2015

          In 2008 Republic Window and Doors closed down down their factory in Chicago. The workers then occupied the factory and after many twists and turns they have persevered.

          https://portside.org/2015-10-21/three-years-ago-these-chicago-workers-took-over-window-factory-today-theyre-thriving

          Dusty and Jimi

          October 21, 2015

          Pro baseball player and coach Dusty Baker was a teenage rock and roller. His new memoir details those years, centered on the legendary Monterey Pop Festival, where Jimi Hendrix played his way to stardom. Charles Bethea profiles Baker in advance of his memoir of those year of hanging out with a host of legendary musicians and learning how rock and roll is like baseball.

          https://portside.org/2015-10-21/dusty-and-jimi

VIEW ONLINE: https://portside.org/portsidegeneral
VISIT PORTSIDE.ORG: http://portside.org