Print

Portside Digest -

          The South's Aging Voting Machines Put Election Integrity At Risk

          September 20, 2015

          No one expects a laptop to last for 10 years. How can we expect these machines, many of which were designed and engineered in the 1990s, to keep running without increased failures?

          https://portside.org/2015-09-21/souths-aging-voting-machines-put-election-integrity-risk

          How the Body’s Trillions of Clocks Keep Time

          September 20, 2015

          Cellular clocks are almost everywhere. Clues to how they work are coming from the places that they’re not.

          https://portside.org/2015-09-21/how-body%E2%80%99s-trillions-clocks-keep-time

          High School Football Inc.

          September 20, 2015

          What happens when corporate America appropriates high school football . . .

          https://portside.org/2015-09-21/high-school-football-inc

          Batman Confronts Police Racism in Latest Comic Book

          September 20, 2015

          Comics critics say they are hard pressed to remember Batman ever addressing institutional racism and its socio-economic dimensions as bluntly as this in the character’s 75-year history.

          https://portside.org/2015-09-21/batman-confronts-police-racism-latest-comic-book

          The Kindness of Strangers: The Refugees in Budapest, and my Father's World War II Refugee Story

          September 20, 2015

          The refugee influx struck a strong emotional chord with me, as a Hungarian-American visiting my parents' homeland. I had arrived in Hungary on August 25 with my wife Debi, to visit my late Catholic mother's relatives, and retrace the stories of my Jewish father who had survived the genocide of World War II.

          https://portside.org/2015-09-21/kindness-strangers-refugees-budapest-and-my-fathers-world-war-ii-refugee-story

          Strike Through: How Teachers’ Unions Are Re-Writing Seattle’s Education Game Plan

          September 20, 2015

          From McCleary to charters to a new contract, it’s all looking up for organized teachers.

          https://portside.org/2015-09-20/strike-through-how-teachers%E2%80%99-unions-are-re-writing-seattle%E2%80%99s-education-game-plan

          ‘Show Me A Hero’ Takes You To The Front Lines Of An Historic Desegregation Battle

          September 20, 2015

          'Show Me A Hero' serves as a reminder that some of the worst segregation in America persists above the Mason-Dixon line.

          https://portside.org/2015-09-20/%E2%80%98show-me-hero%E2%80%99-takes-you-front-lines-historic-desegregation-battle

VIEW ONLINE: https://portside.org/portsidegeneral
VISIT PORTSIDE.ORG: http://portside.org