Portside Digest -

          New and Exciting at Portside

          March 9, 2015

          There are some new things on Portside that we are pleased to be able to call your attention to.

          https://portside.org/2015-03-09/new-and-exciting-portside

          New and Exciting at Portside Labor

          March 9, 2015

          There are some new things on Portside and Portside Labor that we are pleased to be able to call your attention to.

          https://portside.org/2015-03-09/new-and-exciting-portside-labor

          The Myth of Modi's Make in India Campaign

          March 9, 2015

          PM Narendra Modi wants to boost manufacturing in his country, but it's cheaper and easier to import than make in India.

          https://portside.org/2015-03-09/myth-modis-make-india-campaign-1

          Word by Word: A Linguist Reads the Menu

          March 9, 2015

          Stanford linguistics professor and MacArthur Fellow Dan Jurafsky links the origins and evolution of foods to history, culture, tradition and trends. Wide-ranging topics include sexual metaphors in restaurant reviews, relationship of price to the number of syllables in menu descriptions, and the language on potato chip bags...among other things.

          https://portside.org/2015-03-09/word-word-linguist-reads-menu-0

VIEW ONLINE: https://portside.org/portsidegeneral
VISIT PORTSIDE.ORG: http://portside.org