Andy Borowitz
April 24, 2014
The New Yorker

Nevada rancher and media star Cliven Bundy has been repudiated by some prominent right wing backers because hasn't learned that the days of blatant racism are past, and that more covert racism is called for.

Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, ,

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) — Republican politicians blasted the Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy on Thursday for making flagrantly racist remarks instead of employing the subtler racial code words the G.O.P. has been using for decades.

“We Republicans have worked long and hard to develop insidious racial code words like ‘entitlement society’ and ‘personal responsibility,’ ” said Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky). “There is no excuse for offensive racist comments like the ones Cliven Bundy made when there are so many subtler ways of making the exact same point.”

Fox News also blasted the rancher, saying in a statement, “Cliven Bundy’s outrageous racist remarks undermine decades of progress in our effort to come up with cleverer ways of saying the same thing.”

VIEW ONLINE
PRINT
SUBSCRIBE
VISIT PORTSIDE.ORG