July 5, 2013
Portside

Movie: Commie Camp. Just how smart are dogs? Egyptians impatient with 'gimmics of democracy.' Egypt: Epidemic of sexual harassment. Snuggly the Security Bear calms our fear of government snooping.

To view a Friday Nite Video, click an image below, ,

Movie: Commie Camp

After the right wing media attack her beloved summer camp, claiming it brainwashes young campers with subversive, treasonous leftist ideology, comedian and filmmaker Katie Halper investigates whether the camp she attended is a hotbed of extremism. More info. http://www.commiecamp.com/

Just How Smart Are Dogs?

Scientist Neil deGrasse Tyson introduces us to an extraordinary border collie and other dogs that are changing our view of canine intelligence.

Egypt: Impatient With 'Gimmics of Democracy'

Ayman Mohyeldin, NBC News foreign correspondent, talks with Rachel Maddow live from Tahrir Square in Cairo about what happens now that President Morsi has been removed from power after only a year in office, and what makes this popular uprising in Egypt different from the one that saw the removal of Hosni Mubarak.

Egypt: Epidemic of Sexual Harassment

Egyptian anti-sexual harassment groups confirmed that mobs sexually assaulted and in some cases raped at least 91 women in Tahrir Square over four days of protests beginning on June 30, 2013 amid a climate of impunity.

United States of Surveillance

Snuggly the Security Bear and Obama have been busier than we all thought in the United States of Surveillance. After the revelations by whistleblower Edward Snowden, we know more about the full extent of NSA domestic spying.

10000 Sing Beethoven's Ode to Joy

An entire stadium full of people participate in performing the final movement of Beethoven's Symphony #9. Yutaka Sado directs.

VIEW ONLINE
PRINT
SUBSCRIBE
VISIT PORTSIDE.ORG