1 Obama Promises to Take Everybody's Guns Away
2 GOP Seeks to Gerrymander Future Presidential Races
3 Palestinian Villagers: We Shall Not Be Moved
4 Bill Moyers Essay: Take Action on Filibuster Reform
5 Grand Theft Semi-Auto - Coming for Your Guns

=====
11111

Obama Promises to Take Everybody's Guns Away

Jimmy Kimmel shows how, thanks to the magic of video
editing, President Obama promises to take everybody's
guns away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=YwJkGMQU8RA
Jan 16, 2013
1:25

=====
22222

GOP Seeks to Gerrymander Future Presidential Races

Rachel Maddow reports on a new initiative by state-
level Republicans to rig the Electoral College in the
states they control to better advantage Republican
presidential candidates and subvert popular political
will.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/ns/msnbc_tv-rachel_maddow_show/#50477422
Jan 15, 2013
9:43

=====
33333

Palestinian Villagers: We Shall Not Be Moved

250 men and women from across Palestine establish this
morning a new Palestinian village named "Bab Alshams"
(Gate of the Sun). Tents were built in what Israel
refers to as area E1 and equipment for long-term living
was brought.

A statement from the group says, "We, the sons and
daughters of Palestine from all throughout the land,
announce the establishment of Bab Alshams Village (Gate
of the Sun). We the people, without permits from the
occupation, without permission from anyone, sit here
today because this is our land and it is our right to
inhabit it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=fw59OmPnNQY#!
Jan 12, 2013
4:02

=====
44444

Bill Moyers Essay: Take Action on Filibuster Reform

When a political party's in the majority, it wants to
change the filibuster. until it falls from power and
winds up the minority. Then it suddenly becomes the
filibuster's biggest supporter. Bill says such
hypocrisy "has cost the Congress its standing in public
respect and cost our democracy the capacity to address
the problems that threaten to overwhelm us."

But hope of resurrecting the Senate's noble purpose by
reforming the filibuster is being championed by a
diverse group of organizations and activists, including
The Democratic Initiative and Fix the Senate Now. They
want to take the filibuster, which can now be easily
and quietly activated, and restore its original, public
use (Think Mr. Smith or Mr. Sanders). Time is not on
their side, however. Unless the Senate reforms the
filibuster at the beginning of the new 113th Congress -
that's as soon as next Tuesday, January 22 - the
minority wrecking crew remains in charge for the next
two years.

http://billmoyers.com/content/take-action-on-filibuster-reform/
Jan 17, 2013
4:41

=====
55555

Grand Theft Semi-Auto - Coming for Your Guns

President Obama issues executive orders aimed at
controlling assault weapons, and gun rights activists
confuse tyranny with the unpleasant sensation of losing
elections.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-january-17-2013/grand-theft-semi-auto---coming-for-your-guns
Jan 17, 2013
5:39