From:
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2012 19:54:00 -0400
Labor Activists Meet in Chicago - 1500 Activists, 150
Meetings, 72 Hours

Labor Notes Conference

Chicago  *  May 4-6  *  Solidarity for the 99%

Get ready! The biggest Labor Notes Conference yet kicks off
Friday.

Records are being broken all over the place: 1,500 union
activists, worker center members, and workplace
troublemakers are on their way to Chicago.

They'll have a huge list of almost 150 workshops, meetings,
and plenaries ready for them, not to mention a full program
of actions in support of local workers, music, art, film,
and plenty of opportunities to build the networks that make
our movement strong (and maybe shake a few tail feathers in
the process). http://labornotes.org/conference/agenda

You can still jump in if you're close by and haven't
registered yet. Online registration closes at 3 p.m. Eastern
today, Thursday, but you can register on site at the
conference hotel, too.  http://labornotes.org/conference

Come get a dose of inspiration at our biggest conference
yet.

What's Happening?

The conference offers a series of essential skills-building
workshops along with sessions that probe big-picture topics.
Workshops and meetings begin 1 p.m. Friday May 4, and end at
2 p.m. Sunday May 6.

See the full schedule of workshops and meetings and download
the descriptions. http://labornotes.org/conference/agenda
http://labornotes.org/files/pdfs/LN2012Workshops.pdf

Where's the conference? How do I get there? The conference
will take place at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at Chicago's
O'Hare Airport.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=crowne+plaza+ohare&ll=41.97889,-87.862215&spn=0.008135,0.013797&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&fb=1&gl=us&hq=crowne+plaza+ohare&cid=0,0,10127282968265605244&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A

How do I register?

Registration is available online until May 3. Walk-ins are
welcome on site, too.
http://labornotes.org/conference/register

Music and More

Spend Friday night dancing with DJ Mwelwa, a Chicago
sensation spinning reggae, salsa, bachata, samba, merengue,
afrobeat, and more. But save some energy for Saturday night,
too! A 10 p.m. concert will feature Quinto Imperio playing
cumbia hybrid and Rebel Diaz bringing the global power of
hip hop. And join fellow labor music enthusiasts for two
evenings of song sharing and group singing at our acoustic
lounge.

Can't make it for the full weekend?

Come for a day: We offer day rates of $50. Register on site.

Follow the action online Follow the Twitter hashtag #LN2012
to get the blow-by-blow from conference attendees.

Hotel Booking

All rooms at the Crowne Plaza and the Embassy Suites have
been booked, but accommodations are still available just a
block away at the InterContinental O'Hare. Call 847-544-5300
or visit www.icohare.com.

Labor History Tour

Join us Friday afternoon for a tour of important sites in
Chicago labor history. Get an expert perspective on some of
U.S. labor's most hallowed ground. Call 347-460-7460 to see
if there's still space left.

For more info, visit the conference website, email us at
[log in to unmask], or call 347-460-7460.
http://labornotes.org/conference

=====

Labor Notes, Main Office
7435 Michigan Ave