From:
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2011 21:47:05 -0400
Tidbits, Tuesday, September 6, 2011

1.Re: Labor Day and the spirit of Joe Hill, from John
	Funiciello and Cyril Robinson

2.Note from the Portside Moderators to earthlink users

= = = = =

1. Re: Labor Day and the spirit of Joe Hill

Sisters and Brothers,

     It's amazing that such an good student of labor history
     as our brother, Clancy Sigal, would make the mistake
     common among the mass press, even to this day, as to
     call the IWW the "International" Workers of the World.
     It's Industrial, of course, and that's the way our
     working class should be organized.

John Funiciello

Solidarity Committee of the Capital District
(Albany, N.Y.)

= = = = =

Re: Labor Day and the spirit of Joe Hill

 I would like to inform readers of a recently published
 book,Marching with Dr. Kiing, Ralph Helstein and the United
 Packinhouse Workers Union (UPWA].. The book tells the story
 of Helstein, a Jewish lawyer who fought for the rights of
 black and female workers. The book can be found on Amazon
 and Barnes and Nobles, The author; Cyril Robinson is
 professor emeritus, Southern Illinois University,
 Carbondale, IL. He represented many packinghouse workers in
 asserting their riights. Joe Hill's life and songs inspired
 progressives like me to organize and fight for worker
 rights.

= = = = =

2. Note from the portside moderators to earthink users:

Looks like people with earthlink are once again having
problems with getting portside content. We suggest you report
the specifics of this problem to earthlink. To read portside
postings, go to www.portside.org We will send this post by
email to those of you who have written in.  As soon as we
can, we will address the problem from our end.

In solidarity!