From:
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 03:25:32 -0500
Protect Our Water - Stop Fracking
Mark Ruffalo
Working Families Party
November 29, 2010
http://action.workingfamiliesparty.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=2773&tag=hydro1110mr

You probably know me from my acting, but I'm also a
resident of upstate New York, where I'm raising my
family. We get our water from a well - and I don't ever
want to worry about me or my kids drinking water that's
been contaminated by risky natural gas drilling known as
horizontal hydraulic fracturing.

That's why tomorrow is a hugely important day for me,
and all New Yorkers who value clean water. It's the last
chance for our State Assembly to vote on whether to
place a moratorium on "fracking" throughout our state
this year.

If the Assembly passes this bill tomorrow, it goes to
the governor's desk for his signature. If they don't,
the bill dies at the end of the year, and we'll have to
start over from scratch.

I've just signed the emergency petition sponsored by the
Working Families Party and MoveOn.org calling on the
State Assembly to pass this moratorium and protect our
water. Will you sign, too, and share this with fellow
New Yorkers?

http://action.workingfamiliesparty.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=2773&tag=hydro1110mr

A few months ago, everyone thought this fracking
moratorium was dead. Then environmental groups like
Frack Action invited me to join a press conference in
the State Capitol, where Pete Seeger stirred the crowd
into an amazing rally for safe water right in the middle
of the building.

Tens of thousands of New Yorkers like you joined us in
speaking out -- and we got the State Senate to pass the
moratorium bill. If the State Assembly passes it on
Monday, all it will need is the governor's signature to
become law.

Assemblymembers need to hear from us to do the right
thing. Please, take this final chance to sign the
WFP/MoveOn.org petition and share it with everyone you
know:

http://action.workingfamiliesparty.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=2773&tag=hydro1110mr

Thank you,

Mark Ruffalo