From:
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2011 22:17:09 -0500
1 April 4 -- National Day of Action
2 'I Have Sex' -- Students Stand With Planned Parenthood
3 'Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human'
4 Look What We've Done [to Detroit]
5 Daily Show: John Oliver on Radical Muslims and the IRA

=====
11111

April 4 -- National Day of Action

We stand in solidarity with teachers, firefighters,
nurses, construction workers and all who are under
attack by governors and state legislatures.

On April 4, 1968,Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was
assassinated in Memphis, where he had gone to stand
with sanitation workers demanding their dream: The
right to bargain collectively for a voice at work and a
better life. The workers were trying to form a union
with AFSCME.

Beginning with worship services over the April 1
weekend, and continuing through the week of April 4,
unions, people of faith, civil and human rights
activists, students and other progressive allies will
host a range of community and workplace-focused
actions.

Join us in solidarity with working people in Wisconsin,
Ohio, Indiana and dozens of other states where well-
funded, right-wing corporate politicians are trying to
take away the rights Dr. King gave his life for. It’s a
day to show movement. Teach-ins. Vigils. Faith events.
A day to be creative, but clear: We are one.

http://www.we-r-1.org/
March 1, 2011
2:02

=====
22222

'I Have Sex' -- Students Stand With Planned Parenthood

A message from students at Wesleyan University in
Connecticut. They write:

In order to "balance the budget" the House of
Representatives recently announced the intention to
strip all federal funding to Planned Parenthood. This
is unacceptable. It's time to face reality: many young
people have sex, and need to know how to stay safe and
healthy. Even those who have chosen to wait still need
to know how to be safe and healthy when begin their
sexual activity. This extreme ideological measure
threatens our youth's ability to choose their own
future.

In many parts of America, Planned Parenthood is the
only place young people can go to learn about safe sex,
access contraceptives, or have a simple question about
"down there" answered.

With all the rhetoric centering on "government waste,"
Congress's refusal to close multi-billion dollar
corporate tax loopholes and instead eliminate
essential, multi-million dollar sexual health programs
is beyond hypocritical.

We are starting a student movement to make sure elected
leaders know: Americans have sex, and we stand with
Planned Parenthood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaxBR1AiFS4
March 9, 2011
2:26

=====
33333

'Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human'

Richard Wrangham, Professor of Biological Anthropology,
speaks at Harvard Thinks Big 2010 on the significance
of cooking in the process of human evolution.

http://vimeo.com/10325384
April 2010
10:39

=====
44444

Look What We've Done [to Detroit]

by Pete Rivera, former lead singer & drummer of Rare Earth.

This is a most powerful song & video that is a must see
for anyone who loves Detroit & Michigan
http://lookwhatwevedone.com/ ...Look What We've Done
was born out of discussions about the state of economic
conditions in our country. It came out of frustration
and anger seeing so many of our American workers
finding themselves out of work and living with
increasing desperation over the security of their
futures. People are worried about supporting their
families, paying their bills, and watching their
security slip away at a record pace. There are many
different views as to where the fault lies. This
website was created as a feedback platform to hear the
voices of American people who would like to be heard,
and we welcome your feedback. Please join our blog and
participate in the discussions. Maybe in some way we
can call more attention to the problems we face and
hopefully in some small way, it will
help.http://lookwhatwevedone.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HF9ugtKN10
May 10, 2010
4:28

=====
55555

Daily Show: John Oliver on Radical Muslims and the IRA

John Oliver acknowledges that the IRA killed innocent
civilians, but it's not terrorism if it didn't happen
in the United States.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-march-10-2011/radical-muslim-hearings---ira-terrorism
March 10, 2011
2:56