From:
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2012 23:39:22 -0400
99% Spring Action Training

http://civic.moveon.org/event/events/index.html?action_id=268

We're at a crossroads as a country. In recent years,
millions have lost their jobs, homes have been
foreclosed, and an unconscionable number of children
live in poverty. We have to stand up to the people who
caused of all this and confront the rampant greed and
deliberate manipulation of our democracy and our economy
by a tiny minority in the 1%.

Inspired by Occupy Wall Street and the fight for workers
in Madison, Wisconsin, the 99% will rise up this spring.
In the span of just one week, from April 9-15, 100,000
people will be trained to tell the story of what
happened to our economy, learn the history of non-
violent direct action, and use that knowledge to take
action on our own campaigns to win change.

We'll gather for trainings in homes, community centers,
places of worship, campuses, and public spaces
nationwide to learn how to join together in the work of
reclaiming our country through sustained non-violent
action.

Will you rise with us and join a 99% Spring action
training?

Host your own 99% Spring Action Training event.
Right now, there are 912 gatherings planned.

Already hosting or signed up for an event? We can e-mail
you a link to your tools.

The following organizations have called for a 99%
Spring: Jobs With Justice, United Auto Workers,National
Peoples Action, National Domestic Workers Alliance,
MoveOn.org, New Organizing Institute, Movement Strategy
Center, The Other 98%, Service Employees International
Union, AFL-CIO, Rebuild the Dream, Color of Change,
UNITE-HERE, Greenpeace, Institute for Policy Studies,
PICO National Network, New Bottom Line, Veterans of the
Mississippi Civil Rights Movement, SNCC Legacy Project,
United Steel Workers, Working Families Party,
Communications Workers of America, United States Student
Association, Rainforest Action Network, American
Federation of Teachers, Leadership Center for the Common
Good, UNITY, National Guestworker Alliance, 350.org, The
Ruckus Society, Citizen Engagement Lab, smartMeme
Strategy & Training Project, Right to the City Alliance,
Pushback Network, Alliance of Californians for Community
Empowerment, Progressive Democrats of America, Change to
Win, Grassroots Global Justice Alliance, Campaign for
America's Future, Public Campaign Action Fund, Fuse
Washington, Missourians Organizing for Reform and
Empowerment, Citizen Action of New York, Engage, United
Electrical Workers Union, National Day Laborers
Organizing Network, Alliance for a Just Society, The
Partnership for Working Families, United Students
Against Sweatshops, Presente.org, Get Equal, American
Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees,
Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement, Corporate
Accountability International, American Federation of
Government Employees, Training for Change, People
Organized for Westside Renewal (POWER), Student Labor
Action Project, Colorado Progressive Coalition, Green
for All, DC Jobs with Justice, Midwest Academy, The
Coffee Party, International Forum on Globalization, UFCW
International Union, Sunflower Community Action,
Illinois People's Action, Lakeview Action Coalition,
Progressive Leadership Alliance of Nevada, International
Brotherhood of the Teamsters, Resource Generation,
Highlander Research and Education Center, TakeAction
Minnesota, Energy Action Coalition

MoveOn.org Civic Action is hosting the online event
registration process but is not responsible for the
content or programming of the trainings or for the
planning or organization of any specific actions. The
99% Spring is a collaborative effort between many
organizations to train over 100,000 Americans in the
basics of nonviolent direct action—not an electoral
campaign.