From:
Portside <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2018 20:05:12 -0400

 		 [ The Congressional Progressive Caucus’s People’s Budget: A
Roadmap for the Resistance puts political and economic power back in
the hands of the people.] [https://portside.org/]

 THE PEOPLE'S BUDGET: A ROADMAP FOR THE RESISTANCE FY 2018
[https://portside.org/2018-07-28/peoples-budget-roadmap-resistance-fy-2018]

 Congressional Progressive Caucus
 July 24, 2018
Congressional Progressive Caucus
[https://cpc-grijalva.house.gov/the-peoples-budget-a-roadmap-for-the-resistance-fy-2018/]

[https://plus.google.com/share?url=https%3A//portside.org/2018-07-28/peoples-budget-roadmap-resistance-fy-2018]
	*
[https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https%3A//portside.org/2018-07-28/peoples-budget-roadmap-resistance-fy-2018]
	*
[https://twitter.com/intent/tweet/?text=The%20People%27s%20Budget%3A%20A%20Roadmap%20for%20the%20Resistance%20FY%202018&url=https%3A//portside.org/2018-07-28/peoples-budget-roadmap-resistance-fy-2018]

 _ The Congressional Progressive Caucus’s People’s Budget: A
Roadmap for the Resistance puts political and economic power back in
the hands of the people. _

 ,

Americans are facing a pivotal moment: Republicans are preparing
massive cuts to our public schools, affordable health care, clean air
and water, and family-sustaining jobs. A serious alternative that
protects our communities and our planet has never been more urgent.

_THE PEOPLE’S BUDGET: A ROADMAP FOR THE RESISTANCE _provides a
practical, _progressive _vision for our country by investing in 21st
century infrastructure and jobs, tackling inequality, making
corporations pay their fair share, and strengthening essential public
programs. _The People’s Budget _will put millions of Americans back
to work and will guarantee a strong economy for generations tocome.

Public investment in 21st century infrastructure built with American
parts and labor creates jobs that cannot be outsourced, while
improving the health of our children and the environment. _The
People’s Budget _invests $2 trillion in order to transform our
fossil-fuel energy system, overburdened mass transit, deteriorating
schools, lead- contaminated water systems, and crumbling roads and
bridges. Through local hiring and livable wages, our infrastructure
plan creates millions of dignified jobs for women and men of all
backgrounds in both urban and ruralAmerica.

In order to make these bold, necessary investments in working
families, we must rewrite the rules of a rigged economy that favors
billionaires and big corporations. Our budget closes tax loopholes
that corporations use to ship jobs overseas, and stops CEOs from
receiving millions in tax-free bonuses. Our budget tackles inequality
through fair tax rates for all Americans, leveling the playing field
for working people.

Quality health care, child care, schools and retirement for everyone:
these are the pillars of a democratic society. And yet in the
world’s richest country, these essentials are painfully out of reach
for tens of millions of our fellow Americans. _The People’s Budget
_funds universal child care, increases access to health care,
strengthens public schools and universities, provides for humane
immigration reform, and expands Social Security. _The People’s
Budget _also lowers the price of prescription drugs so that families
don’t have to choose between paying for medicines or their
groceries. _The People’s Budget _ensures that Veterans Affairs will
not be privatized and that veterans receive the quality care and
robust benefits they were promised for their service to the country.

The Republican agenda drastically cuts federal protection for working
families, the environment and our health care, while giving massive
tax cuts to big corporations and bloating the military budget beyond
belief. The People’s Budget reinvests in American families,
prioritizing funding for education, health care, jobs and clean air
and water. The Congressional Progressive Caucus’s _PEOPLE’S
BUDGET: A ROADMAP FOR THE RESISTANCE _puts political and economic
power back in the hands of the people.

INVEST IN AMERICA

	* Invests $2 trillion to transition to a 21st Century Infrastructure
to transform our energy, water and transportation systems
 	* Closes loopholes so our government agencies use materials made in
America
 	* Expands our commitment to efficient renewable energy and green
jobs
 	* Invest $100 billion to increase access to reliable, high-speed
internet

AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE

	* Maintains critical coverage gains under Affordable Care Act
 	* Lowers costs of prescription drugs
 	* Allows states to transition to single-payer health care systems
 	* Expands access to mental health care and treatments for opioid and
heroin addiction
 	* Repeals excise tax on high-priced health care plans for workers
and replaces with public option

FAIR TAX SYSTEM FOR WORKING FAMILIES

	* Ends corporate tax break for offshoring American jobs and profits
 	* Stops companies from renouncing their American citizenship to
dodge U.S.taxes
 	* Closes wasteful corporate tax loopholes that cost billions of
dollars
 	* Taxes Wall Street to fund MainStreet
 	* Ensures profits from investments are finally taxed at the same
rate as income taxes
 	* Raises revenue from the wealthiest few who can afford to pay more
 	* Expands the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child CareCredit

JUSTICE AND FAIR ELECTIONS

	* Ensures the justice system is fair and effective for all Americans
by increasing funding for voter protection and legal assistance
programs
 	* Rebuilds trust in the justice system by developing
community-oriented policing reforms
 	* Protects American election systems from any interference and
increases protections for voting rights by strengthening key election
reforms
 	* Funds public financing of campaigns to curb special interest
influence in politics
 	* Supports policies and initiatives to significantly reduce gun
violence

EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR EVERY STUDENT

	* Delivers on the promise of lifting working families up by investing
$1 trillion in effective early learning opportunities and for a
childcare for all program
 	* Makes debt-free college a reality for all students
 	* Greater investments in K-12 education
 	* Increases computer science opportunities for all students
 	* Allows refinancing of student loans
 	* Fully funds IDEA and provides Pre-K for all

PATHWAYS OUT OF POVERTY AND EMPOWERING THE MIDDLE CLASS

	* Supports a minimum wage increase and collective bargaining rights
 	* Provides a plan to reduce poverty by half in ten years
 	* Increases discretionary funding to invest in women, communities of
color and their families
 	* Provides an increase in Trade Adjustment Assistance for workers
 	* Strengthens the Small Business Administration’s ability to
provide support to America’s small business owners
 	* Addresses the pay equity gap

COMPREHENSIVE AND JUST IMMIGRATION REFORM

	* Implements comprehensive immigration reform, including a pathway to
citizenship
 	* Prohibits funding for construction of any border wall and any
immigration policies which seek to ban people from entering the U.S.
because of their religion
 	* Supports continued funding to sanctuary cities

ACCESS TO HOUSING

	* Fully funds programs to make housing affordable and accessible for
all Americans
 	* Invests $12.8 billion to end family homelessness

PROTECTING OUR ENVIRONMENT

	* Closes tax loopholes and ends subsidies provided to oil, gas and
coal companies
 	* Identifies a price on corporate carbon pollution
 	* Invests in clean, renewable, and efficient energy and green
manufacturing

PROTECTING OUR VETERANS

	* Eliminates veterans’homelessness
 	* Increases access to mental health care for all veteran and
servicemembers
 	* Invests in job training opportunities for transitioning service
members and veterans

SUSTAINABLE DEFENSE: PROMOTING PEACE AND SECURITY

	* Modernizes our defense system to create sustainable baseline
defense spending
 	* Ends emergency funding for Overseas contingency operations
 	* Increases funding for diplomacy and strategic humanitarian aid
 	* Adds robust funding for refugee resettlement programs

 CPC FY18 Full Budget Document
[http://cpc-grijalva.house.gov/uploads/FINALFY18FULLCPCBUDGETDOCUMENTDisasterSupplementalUpdate.pdf]
(07/24/1804:03 PMET )

 El Resumen del Presupuesto del Pueblo