From:
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2012 21:50:19 -0500
1 Re: The Conservative Takeover Will Be Complete
2 Re: Beit Shemesh Women Dancing Towards Change
  -- Jan Hillegas
3 Re: Cyber War: Reality or Hype? -- Kathleen McGee
4 Re: What the Frack? -- Laurel MacDowell
5 'The time has come for the Occupy Movement to Occupy
  AIPAC.' -- Adbusters

=====
11111

Re: The Conservative Takeover Will Be Complete -
corrected link

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/january_february_2012/features/the_courts034474.php

=====
22222

Re: Beit Shemesh Women Dancing Towards Change
From: Jan Hillegas

May we know in what country this happened? And whether
it's Bet or Beit?

[Moderator - This took place in Beit Shemesh, a
Jerusalem suburb. The Portside post used the same (mis)
spelling as the YouTube video.]

=====
33333

Re: Cyber War: Reality or Hype?
From: Kathleen McGee

So, smart meters are probably super duper safe.

Also.....final paragraph here......like, the government
doesn't already monitor the internet? Huh?

Military industrial complex actually using a scare
tactic
and a scape goat to line their pockets? Nah.

=====
44444

Re: What the Frack?
From: Laurel MacDowell

The issue of whether or not there is a lot of gas or not
is marginal. The real issue is that fracking wrecks the
environment. Associated with that problem is that even
if there was lots of gas, the burning of it once it was
processed would add to carbon emissions, which continue
to rise in North America and globally. So this kind of
energy processing is not sustainable.

We North Americans apparently don't want to change our
lifestyles and use our knowledge and creativity to
develop alternative energy that does not release carbon
and is better for the environment.

So then the only question is are we going use up our
resources and to be done in by the effects of climate
change first, or are our resources going to be extensive
enough to outlast us? We may have all the oil and gas we
need for thousands of years but if we do not find a way
to live sustainably on this planet, it won't matter. We
will be gone. We have too many people, too little water;
we are taking down too many trees; we are allowing big
companies to profit on oil and gas even though the
emissions are bad for us and we are not investing in
solar energy and other kinds of alternatives. In other
words we are not taking care of the planet, so it is
going to deal with us.

=====
55555

     "The time has come for the Occupy Movement to
     Occupy AIPAC." - Adbusters

January 12, 2012

The pro-Israeli government lobby AIPAC (American Israel
Public Affairs Committee) is gunning for a war with Iran
- just like they pushed us into the catastrophic war in
Iraq. And their manipulation of our political process
destroys the possibility of a just peace for
Palestinians and Israelis.

Join us March 2-6 in Washington, DC as we Occupy AIPAC
during their annual policy conference. We'll have a
Summit on Iran, Palestine and the Arab Uprisings, as
well as workshops, cultural performances, film showings,
protests and creative direct actions. Register now.

And there's another way you can call for peace with
Iran. Help us take out a full-page ad in the influential
DC newspaper - The Hill. We'll send a clear message to
Congress that AIPAC does not represent the majority of
Americans who won't want another war in the Middle East.
If you can donate $100 or more, we'll include your name
in the ad.

Now is the time to make a large, people-powered push to
show our opposition to the stranglehold the Israel lobby
continues to hold over our government. In this new year,
let's make sure the US doesn't launch into a new war!
Say no to AIPAC. Say no to war with Iran. Say no to
Israeli occupation. Speak out for peace and justice.

Onward for justice, Alli, Farida, Gayle, Janet, Jodie,
Kendra, Kristen, Lisa, Melanie, Nancy, Medea, Rae,
Sanaa, Sharon, and Tighe

PS: Register today for the Occupy AIPAC summit and be
part of history in the making!