PORTSIDE-SNAPSHOT Archives

December 2015, Week 2

PORTSIDE-SNAPSHOT@LISTS.PORTSIDE.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

From:
Portside Snapshot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 2015 06:02:19 -0500
Portside Digest -

          5 Takeaways on France’s Regional Elections

          December 8, 2015

          The National Front continues to rise, the establishment is in big trouble.

          https://portside.org/2015-12-08/5-takeaways-france%E2%80%99s-regional-elections

          Oil Fuels War and Terrorists Like Isis. The Climate Movement Can Bring Peace

          December 8, 2015

          We can make peace, with our energy sources, the planet and with each other if we end our addiction to oil.

          https://portside.org/2015-12-08/oil-fuels-war-and-terrorists-isis-climate-movement-can-bring-peace

           The Working Families Party Endorses Sanders for the Democratic Nomination

          December 8, 2015

           In the WFP membership vote conducted last week, however, Sanders was the clear favorite. The senator earned what the WFP described as “an overwhelming super-majority” of 87.4 percent.

          https://portside.org/2015-12-08/%EF%BB%BF-working-families-party-endorses-sanders-democratic-nomination

          Media Bits and Bytes - Pleasing the Court Edition

          December 8, 2015

          Score one for workers; Net neutrality again; Apps and gigs; Delta blues; Hardwired for racism

          https://portside.org/2015-12-08/media-bits-and-bytes-pleasing-court-edition

          &quot;Liberté Is Not Just A Word&quot;: Klein, Corbyn Call for Mass Protest at COP21

          December 8, 2015

          "We will be mourning the lives already lost to climate disruption, in solidarity with the lives lost to the tragic attacks here in Paris and enlarging that circle of mourning," Klein said. "By taking to the streets, we will be clearly and unequivocally rejecting the Hollande government's draconian and opportunistic bans on marches, protests, and demonstrations."

          https://portside.org/2015-12-08/libert%C3%A9-not-just-word-klein-corbyn-call-mass-protest-cop21

          Trump International Employees Vote to Join Culinary Union

          December 8, 2015

          Democratic politicians picked up on the union’s organizing campaign. Presidential candidate and former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley spoke in favor of the Culinary two days before a rally in August. And Hillary Clinton relayed support at a union rally in October, a day before the first Democratic debate at the Wynn Las Vegas.

          https://portside.org/2015-12-08/trump-international-employees-vote-join-culinary-union

          We Need Your Help and Support - Annual Message from the Moderators of Portside to Our Readers

          December 8, 2015

          Once a year, Portside asks our readers for support. And every year, our readers come through. Thank you, thank you!  Our role as moderators is bringing you material that is relevant, lively and useful, as we work together for a better country and world. If you have already contributed, many thanks!  If you haven't... please do. While our expenses are relatively modest, they are very real. Here's why we are asking for your support.

          https://portside.org/2015-12-08/we-need-your-help-and-support-annual-message-moderators-portside-our-readers

          Review: In ‘Creed,’ Rocky’s Back, as a Mentor, Not a Fighter

          December 8, 2015

          The movie is also a Hollywood rarity - a boxing movie with a black hero. It is bizarre, though hardly surprising, that a sport dominated for decades by African-American and Latino athletes looks more like ice hockey on screen. And Creed, embeds its drama in the perils and pleasures of black life in America. Adonis is a complex character with a complex fate. He is at once a rich kid and a street kid, the proud carrier of an illustrious heritage and an invisible man.

          https://portside.org/2015-12-08/review-%E2%80%98creed%E2%80%99-rocky%E2%80%99s-back-mentor-not-fighter

VIEW ONLINE: https://portside.org/portsidegeneral
VISIT PORTSIDE.ORG: http://portside.org